See what's sharing your airspace
Subtitle: Trans-Pacific flights by a nearly 26,000-pound gross weight U.S. Air Force Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) helped drive the current quest for commercial applications. Flying UAVs in civil airspace demands solutions to problems such as collision avoidance and failure of data/communication liks with a ground-based pilot thousands of miles from the aircraft.
- Publication Date: 2005-5
- Pagination: p. 1-26 : ill.
- Flight Safety Digest
- Volume: 24
- Issue Number: 5
- Publisher: Flight Safety Foundation, Incorporated
- ISSN: 1057-5588
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Military aircraft; Safety
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01008923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Nov 17 2005 2:49PM