DATA ANALYSIS - A CASE STUDY. DID THE ROAD SAFETY OFFICE'S CAMPAIGN "CHILDREN IN TRAFFIC" HAVE ANY SHORT-TERM EFFECT ON TRAFFIC SAFETY?
DATAANALYS--EN FALLSTUDIE. HADE TRAFIKSAEKERHETSVERKETS KAMPANJ "BARN I TRAFIKEN" NAAGON KORTSIKTIG EFFEKT PAA TRAFIKSAEKERHETEN?
During 1976 the Swedish road safety office conducted a traffic safety campaign called "children in traffic". An evaluation of the campaign was presented by the road safety office 1977. The present report is a critical examination of the evaluation and comprises an analysis of the accident statistics. This analysis deals with the following questions: (a) what groups of accident are relevant? (b) are the official traffic accident statistics describing the traffic safety development accurately? (C) has a decrease in the number of reported accidents been established? (D) if a decrease has been established, how probable is the connection between the decrease and the campaign? And (e) if the campaign has resulted in a decrease, what is the cause? This analysis concluded that no short-term effect of the campaign was established. /TRRL/
Stockholm University, SwedenP.O. Box 6701
S-11385 Stockholm, Sweden
- Elofsson, S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- Issue Number: 2
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Case studies; Children; Crash rates; Crash types; Crashes; Data analysis; Evaluation and assessment; Mathematical analysis; Public relations; Publicity; Safety; Statistics; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Decreases
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Minors
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 1758: Child; 9009: Decrease; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 8573: Publicity; 1665: Safety; 6555: Statistics; 8109: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00183378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM