CRASH SAFETY FOR RAILROAD PASSENGERS, TRAIN CREWS, AND GRADE CROSSING CRASH VICTIMS
Several problems are cited as being in need of imminent solution if the crashworthiness of railroad rolling stock and vehicles involved in accidents with such rolling stock is to be improved. There is a need for locomotive grade crossing crash attenuators, for protection to railroad passengers from high speed collision with electric tower bases, for protection to passengers against hazardous materials derailment, for protection against injuries to standing passengers and to motormen and passengers at the ends of transit cars, and for protection to locomotive and caboose occupants against crash injury.
- For Meeting held February 27-March 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Wakeland, H H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Collisions; Crashworthiness; Derailments; Design; Locomotives; Passenger cars; Passengers; Railroad crashes; Railroad facilities; Railroad grade crossings; Rolling stock; Safety; Traffic crashes; Transportation safety; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Passenger safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents; Locomotive cab crashworthiness; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00183345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N 780022 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM