MOTORCYCLE DYNAMICS AND RIDER CONTROL
Ten (10) papers by various authors were presented at this session. The subjects discussed in these papers included the following: motorcycle steering behavior and straight line stability characteristics; lateral-directional motorcycle dynamics; effect of frame flexibility on high weave of motorcycles; effect of front fork flexibility on the stability of motorcycles; measurement of braking performance; motorcycle dynamics -- fact, fiction and folklore; and riding behavior of motorcyclists as influenced by pavement characteristics. Selected papers were abstracted separately.
- SAE Special Publication SP-248; SAE Int Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, Feb 27-Mar 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Braking; Drivers; Driving; Motorcycles; Motorcyclists; Pavements; Performance; Steering; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Driver control response function
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00183262
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE SP-428
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM