ROLLER BEARINGS FREIGHT CAR SERVICE
The use of roller bearings on freight cars is justified on the basis of reduced maintenance and inspection time and derailment expense. The fitting of roller bearings to cars already in service is discussed. The coasting characteristics of roller bearing cars in hump yards and the rolling resistance of these cars in train starting are compared to plain-bearing cars.
Car Foremen's AssociationChicago, IL USA
- Horger, O J
- Publication Date: 1949-3-14
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Bearings; Costs; Derailments; Freight cars; Hopper cars; Journal boxes; Railroad cars; Rolling resistance; Technology; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle design; Hot boxes
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00040300
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM