SHIP TRACKING VIA SATELLITE: AN ERROR ANALYSIS
Under the assumption of complete ephemeris information about a satellite orbiting the earth, a ship wishes to estimate its location and velocity using only range readings of the ship-to-satellite distance at various times. An error analysis is carried out for Gelfands method 3. Satisfying results were obtained for estimates of location, but not for velocity. Tables are appended.
Stanford UniversityStanford, CA USA 94305
- Cooke, P J
- Publication Date: 1970-7
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigational satellites; Satellite navigation systems; Ships; Tracking systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship tracking
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1973 12:00AM