SPECIFICATIONS FOR TESTING SPECIAL DEVICES TO CONTROL STABILITY OF FREIGHT CARS
These specifications cover testing and performance requirements for trucks or other special devices to control car stability for application to freight cars with 4-wheel trucks having 6.5" times 12" journals or larger with loaded center of gravity 84" or higher above top of rail. The tests shall be conducted using a 100-ton high center of gravity hopper car on 4-wheel trucks. This test will be run over a track section with a superelevated curvature especially prepared with low joints. Instrumentation for the test car is described.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1969
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Curved track; Equipment tests; Freight cars; Hopper cars; Motor vehicles; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Stability (Mechanics); Structural design; Superelevation; Technology; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040298
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Specs
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 22 1976 12:00AM