RECOMMISSIONING OF SHIPS FROM LAY-UP
The paper reviews the deterioration during ship lay-up and methods of preservation. Hull, deck machinery, piping, main engine, electrical systems, and cargo handling systems are considered. Recommissioning is then discussed, and a note on classification is included. Order from NSFI as No. 14985.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Knudsen, R K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Hulls; Machinery; Materials and structures protection; Ship classification; Ships; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Commissioning; Ship maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull maintenance; Lay up procedures; Machinery protection
- Subject Areas: Construction; Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00183156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM