PROCEDURES TO EVALUATE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PMVI
A technique has been developed by which a state can evaluate the effectiveness of PMVI in reducing vehicle defect level below that which would exist without inspection. By sampling vehicle-in-use condition as a function of time since last state inspection, a data analysis-evaluation procedure can be used to determine both quantities of interest--average safety status of cars with inspection and the same condition without inspection.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bentley, G K
- Heldt, R W
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Inspection; Measures of effectiveness; Motor vehicles; Preventive maintenance; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00183098
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770814
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM