MAY TRAFFIC DEATHS DOWN 3 PERCENT

Motor vehicle traffic deaths fell 3 percent during May 2005, totaling 3,890 compared to the May 2004 figure of 3,820. Figures for traffic deaths for the first 5 months of 2005 were at 16,860, also down 2 percent from 2004. Disabling injuries for the first 5 months of 2005 totaled close to 910,000, down 3 percent from 2004. The cost of motor vehicle collisions for the first 5 months of 2005 fell 3 percent from 2004, to a total of close to $91.2 billion. The estimated annual mileage death rate fell 6 percent to a total of 1.5 deaths per 100 million miles of vehicle travel. Statistics on a statewide basis are also given.

Language

  • English

Media Info

  • Features: Tables;
  • Pagination: p3
  • Serial:
    • Traffic Safety
    • Volume: 05
    • Issue Number: 9
    • Publisher: National Safety Council
    • ISSN: 0041-0721

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 01005566
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
  • Files: BTRIS, TRIS
  • Created Date: Oct 19 2005 2:01PM