APRIL TRAFFIC DEATHS UP 2 PERCENT

Motor vehicle traffic deaths rose 2 percent in April 2005 as compared to April 2004, going from 3,610 to 3,700. Disabling injuries totaled nearly 707,000, up 2 percent from 2004. The cost of motor vehicle collisions for the first four months of 2005 fell 4 percent from 2004, to a total of close to $70.8 billion. The estimated annual mileage death rate fell 6 percent to a total of 1.5 deaths per 100 million miles of vehicle travel. Statistics on a statewide basis are also given.

Language

  • English

Media Info

  • Features: Tables;
  • Pagination: p3
  • Serial:
    • Traffic Safety
    • Volume: 05
    • Issue Number: 8
    • Publisher: National Safety Council
    • ISSN: 0041-0721

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 01005459
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
  • Files: BTRIS, TRIS
  • Created Date: Oct 19 2005 12:45PM