BANFIELD FREEWAY HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE LANES APPENDICES
The first appendix provides the procedures used for monitoring the effects from installing high occupancy vehicle lanes on the Banfield Freeway in Portland, Oregon. The procedure includes study data collection forms, equipment required, personnel required, and task instruction. The studies include volume counts, occupancy counts, truck counts, travel time runs, bus ridership, park and ride lot usage, accidents analyses, and air quality monitoring. The appendices also include the summary of information gathered and the figures that were used to arrive at the conclusions in the main body of the report. /FHWA/
- This report was prepared in cooperation with DOT Federal Highway Administration.
Salem, OR USA 97310
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 188 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Bus transportation; Carpools; Data collection; Equipment; Fringe parking; Personnel; Ridership; Routes; Traffic counting; Traffic lanes; Traffic safety; Traffic volume; Vehicle occupancy
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved routes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00182977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 60
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM