THE FUTURE OF PROPULSION SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR. DIESEL MANUFACTURER'S VIEWPOINT. CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY VIEWPOINT
The first paper discusses maintenance problems and solutions to them, and presents the "man-complex" maintenance system. Extractions from a questionnaire to shipowners are included. The second paper discusses the attitude of the classification societies to the possibility of extending the period between ship overhaul and inspection. Order from NSFI as No. 14986.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Pauer, W
- Schwenker, H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Engines; Equipment maintenance; Machinery; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Planning; Propulsion; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Classification societies; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel maintenance; Engine maintenance; Maintenance data systems; Overhaul planning
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182966
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM