IN-WATER SURVEYS. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR--THE STATE OF THE ART
In-water survey of the hull by means of the "scan" remotely controlled survey vehicle is described, and the time to survey various parts of a 390,000 dwt tanker is given. The attitude of the classification societies towards in-water surveys is discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 14987.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Jones, D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Hulls; Inspection; Maintenance practices; Reports; Ship classification; State of the art; Survey vessels; Surveys; Underwater vehicles; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Classification societies; Underwater inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull inspection; Hull maintenance (In water); Hull surveys; Survey reports; Underwater hull cleaning
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182965
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM