IN WATER SURVEY AND AFLOAT MAINTENANCE FROM THE OPERATOR'S VIEWPOINT
A cost comparison for drydocking and repairs and afloat survey is given for the years 1975 and 1977. In spite of the introduction of streamlined "mini docking" package deals offered by the major drydocking companies, the wet docking concept still remains competiive. Afloat painting operation and the quality of the coating are discussed in some detail. Order from NSFI as No. 14989.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Airey, A M
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Cleaning; Costs; Docking; Drydocks; Hulls; Inspection; Maintenance management; Painting; Reports; Surveys; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs; Underwater inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydocking; Hull maintenance (In water); Hull painting; Hull surveys; Survey reports; Underwater hull cleaning; Wet drydocking
- Subject Areas: Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM