A METHOD OF PREDICTING DISCHARGE TIMES OF CARGO AND BALLAST SYSTEMS OF TANKERS
The present method of designing a tanker pumping system is briefly reviewed, and a new method which predicts pumping system performance regardless of cargo is described. Friction loss, static head, and pump performance are considered. Model development and computer application are discussed, and calculation examples are given, including computer simulation.
- San Diego Section SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Glassen, TJH
- Hickman, W W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Information processing; Performance; Pumps
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballasting systems; Cargo pumping; Pumping performance; Tanker discharging
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM