TURBINES AND GEARS FOR MODERN SHIP PROPULSION SYSTEMS
The emphasis in design and development of marine steam turbine and gear propulsion machinery was directed towards the high power and high torque requirements of larger ships. Current shipbuilding activity is limited, largely to smaller ships. The advantages of steam propulsion apply equally well to many of these ships. Order from NSFI as No. 14936.
- Presented at Steam Propulsion for Ships in the Changing Economic Environment, London, January 18-19, 1978.
Steam Propulsion for Ships in Changing Eco Environ,
- Prohl, M A
- Siegel, B
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Gears; Propulsion; Steam turbines; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear design; Propulsion machinery; Steam turbine design; Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM