RECENT DEVELOPMENTS AND APPLICATIONS OF MITSUBISHI JET-TYPE TURBOCHARGERS
The historical background of the development of the "Mitsubishi" exhaust gas turbocharger (met) is given. The principal particulars of super "met" type turbocharger are shown, and construction is dealt with in some detail, featuring a description of bearings, rotor assembly, blower arrangement, gas inlet and outlet, and air seal for exhaust gas and lubricating oil. Results of bench test are presented, and the application of "met" turbochargers in one-stage and two-stage turbocharging are reviewed. Order from NSFI as No. 14928.
- One-Day Conference on Component Design for Highly Pressure Charged Diesel Engines, January 26, 1978.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Izumi, S
- Nomura, J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Design; Diesel engines; Turbochargers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing design; Turbocharged diesels
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182948
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM