HULL LOSS PREVENTION AND MITIGATION
Some basic steps to prevent accidents are discussed, starting with the acquisition of a ship, and including training of officers and crew, drills, and various aspects of ship operation. Ways to mitigate the damage should an accident occur are briefly reviewed. Order from NSFI as No. 14793.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Pearson, W F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Loss and damage; Military personnel; Prevention; Safety; Ship crews; Ship operations; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (General); Hull damage prevention; Loss prevention; Officer training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00182946
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM