THE LEGAL PROBLEMS OF LONG TERM LNG CONTRACTS
The erosion of the sanctity of long-term contracts is discussed, and the paper examines whether in fact 15-20 year LNG contracts can be relied upon when the surrounding circumstances change. Changes provided for and not provided for in the contracts are considered, and the practice in various countries is briefly reviewed. The adoption of more flexible doctrines outlined in the paper is recommended. Order from NSFI as No. 14799.
- Presented at the Fifth International Conference on Liquefied Natural Gas, Duesseldorf, Germany, August 29-September 1, 1977, Session III.
Institute of Gas Technology3424 South State Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616
International Gas UnionInstitution of Gas Engineers, 17 Grosvenor Crescent
International Institute of Refrigeration177 boulevard Malesherbes
75017 Paris, France
- Soesan, J M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Contract administration; Freight transportation; Legal constraints; Liquefied natural gas
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182943
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM