FINANCING ASPECTS OF THE LNG-TRADE
The paper explores the optimum criteria for an LNG financing program and various means of achieving the objectives. Techniques discussed include take-or-pay contracts, leasing, commercial paper and government guarantee programs. The applicability of the various forms of financing to the different elements in the LNG cycle is then analyzed. Finally the contractual relationships between the parties is discussed along with the effects of such contracts on financing. Order from NSFI as No. 14816.
- Presented at the Fifth International Conference on Liquefied Natural Gas, Duesseldorf, Germany, August 29-September 1, 1977, Session III.
Institute of Gas Technology3424 South State Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
International Gas UnionInstitution of Gas Engineers, 17 Grosvenor Crescent
International Institute of Refrigeration177 boulevard Malesherbes
75017 Paris, France
- Batkin, A R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Contract administration; Financing; Liquefied natural gas; Planning; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Financing plans; Lng trade
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00182939
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 7 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM