OPTIMUM SHAPE OF FUTURE SHIPREPAIR YARDS
The expected characteristics of future specialized merchant vessels are reviewed, and the requirements to be met by future ship repair yards are stated. Optimization criteria are presented with a view to shipyard specialization. Shipyard space planning is dealt with, and the impact of technological developments is discussed, with a section devoted to covered floating docks. Order from NSFI as No. 14904.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Gryglewski, Z
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Drydocks; Floating docks; Optimization; Repairing; Ships; Shipyards; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM