FATIGUE PROPERTIES OF FULL SCALE FORGED AND CAST STEEL CRANKSHAFTS
The first section of the paper is a brief description of the manufacturing process for forged and cast steel crankshafts and the second section describes the results of two series of fatigue tests. The tests were made with large crankthrow specimens with up to 730 MM crankpin diameters using a quasi-resonant type fatigue testing machine specially constructed by "Kobe Steel Limited". Order from NSFI as No. 14910.
- One-Day Conference on Component Design for Highly Pressure Charged Diesel Engines, January 26, 1978.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Nishihara, M
- Fukui, Y
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Crankshafts; Diesel engines; Fatigue tests; Manufactures; Manufacturing; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Crankshaft stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00182932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM