MICROBIAL INFECTION OF SHIPS' LUBRICANTS
The conditions under which micro-organisms thrive are reviewed, and the direct and indirect effects on engine operation are summarized. Ways of detection and places to test for micro-organisms are outlined, and remedial and preventive measures are explained. Order from NSFI as No. 14914.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Hill, E C
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Deterioration; Lubricating oils; Microorganisms; Oils
- Old TRIS Terms: Lube oil biodeterioration; Oil degradation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00182930
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM