APPLICATION OF LOW-QUALITY FUELS IN LARGE BORE DIESEL ENGINES. ASPECTS FOR FUTURE BUNKER FUELS AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON ENGINE PERFORMANCE
The following items of fuel oil are discussed: 1) viscosity; 2) specific gravity; 3) flash point; 4) pour point; 5) sulphur content; 6) ash; 7) asphalt and carbonized residue; 8) water and sediment; 9) compatibility and 10) cetane number and diesel index. Order from NSFI as No. 14915.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Grone, O
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Fuel oils; Oils; Performance; Quality assurance; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel operation; Diesel performance; Oil quality
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182929
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM