MARINE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS. TOWARDS 1990
Future marine fuels are discussed in terms of fuel compatibility, proper fuel purification equipment, and fuel preheating. Future marine diesel engine lubricating oils and their application, and future diesel cylinder oil requirements are dealt with. As a result of anticipated higher pressures and temperatures and heavier fuels, maintenance costs are expected to be considerably higher than today. Order from NSFI as No. 14916.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Schulz, B J
- Fluyt, D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Fuel oils; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Maintenance management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel lubrication
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM