THE LUBRICATION OF PISTON RINGS APPLIED TO HIGHLY RATED ENGINES
Basic lubrication theory is reviewed, and the concepts of convergent wedge, divergent wedge and squeeze film lubrication are treated. The paper then describes studies which have been made into the behaviour of lubricated piston rings for large marine engines. Order from NSFI as No. 14,917.
- One-day Conference on Component Design for Highly Pressure Charged Diesel Engines, January 26, 1978.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Baker, AJS
- Economou, P N
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oil spills; Thickness; Thin films
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel lubrication; Oil film thickness
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182927
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM