FUEL INJECTION CRITERIA
The paper discusses injection systems which consist of cam-driven fuel pumps connected by high pressure piping to spring loaded differential needle type injectors with multi-hole nozzles. Some notable advances in fuel injection engineering are highlighted, and the consequences of the increasing use of heavy fuels are considered. Enforced nozzle cooling and various means of protective cladding are mentioned. Order from NSFI as No. 14,918.
- One-day Conference on Component Design for Highly Pressure Charged Diesel Engines, January 26, 1978.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Groschel, E R
- Marshall, W G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel fuels; Fuel injection; Fuel systems; Nozzles
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM