SHIP OPERATOR'S VIEW OF REPAIR FACILITY REQUIREMENTS
The paper discusses whether the repair facilities available today are suitable for ship operators for present and short-term as well as long-term requirements. It raises the question of how operators' traditional dependence on repairers will decrease, for instance as a result of increased use of in-water maintenance techniques, and outlines how repairers can help operators to run ships more efficiently. Order from NSFI as No. 14993.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Halliday, W H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Drydocks; Hulls; Repairing; Ships; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance; Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock facilities; Hull maintenance (In water)
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM