CORROSION CONTROL. HULL AND INTERNAL COATINGS
Empirical and research values for duration of life for various paint systems for hull coatings and internal coatings are presented. The determination of a corrosion index as a function of the environment is described and the cost effectiveness of systems with high and low initial costs is compared. Surface preparation and application method for internal coatings are dealt with. Order from NSFI as No. 15001.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Muehlan, H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Cost effectiveness; Durability; Hulls; Paint; Painting; Surface preparation
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Hull corrosion; Hull painting; Paint application
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182920
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM