EN-VOYAGE REPAIRS AND RETROFITS
The paper discusses the various repair services and retrofits now possible to perform while the ship is at sea. Heavy steelwork, cargo and ballast piping, hull and propeller cleaning and garbage and sludge disposal units are dealt with. Sewage treatment, crude oil wash installation (COW), and hold cleaning installation, segregated ballast tanks, and general and preventive maintenance are discussed. A note on safety is included. Order from NSFI as No. 14990.
- Presented at Shipcare 78, CCH Hamburg, April 18-21, 1978.
Shipcare 78Hamburg, Germany
- Bergtsson, B
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Cleaning; Drydocks; Hulls; Mucking; Petroleum refining; Preventive maintenance; Repairing; Sewage treatment; Ships; Sludge (Deposit); Tankers; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance; Ship repair; Shipboard maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo piping; Crude washing; Drydock facilities; Hull cleaning; Hull maintenance (In water); Segregated ballast tankers; Sludge removal
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM