DYNAMIC LOADS ON THE UNDERCARRIAGE OF FREIGHT CARS
A description is presented of the procedure and the equipment used to study the dynamic loads acting on the undercarriages of freight cars. The results are presented from testing the four axle and eight axle gondolas and tank cars on the primary routes of the railroad network as part of operating and experimental freight trains. The generalizing relations are obtained for the vertical and horizontal (lateral) forces and the derailment coefficient. The test data would be useful for further, more precise definition of the calculated norms when designing cars considering the prospective operating conditions. The book is designed for scientific and technical workers connected with the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of freight cars.
- Record URL:
- Report appeared in Trudy TsNII Proceedings No. 572, published 1977 and is available to the Public from FRA Office of Rail Safety, RRD-32, while quantities last. The report is a translation of a current Russian Compendium on Wheel/Rail Dynamic Interaction.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Krudryautseu, N N
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 243 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Axles; Dynamics; Four axle cars; Freight cars; Loads; Rail (Railroads); Technology; Tests; Train track dynamics; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics; Lateral loads; Lateral stability; Vertical dynamics; Vertical loads
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Eight axle cars; Freight car design; Freight car dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/33
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM