Traffic Assignment Methods
This chapter provides an overview of route choice principles proposed in the past, followed by an in-depth analysis of three types of traffic assignment models. It discusses their formulations, calibration, and validation through a case study. Specifically, this chapter is organized as follows. First, it reviews a few route choice principles. Secondly, the user equilibrium (UE) and stochastic user equilibrium (SUE) models are depicted, together with a brief discussion on the logit-based SUE model. Thirdly, the formulation of the probit-based SUE model is depicted to facilitate the discussion on model calibration. Fourthly, a case study in Hong Kong is presented in order to compare the various traffic assignment models and finally, some concluding comments are given.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0080441084
- Published as Volume 5, Handbooks in Transport series, ISSN 1472-7889.
Kidlington, Oxford United Kingdom OX5 1GB
- Lam, William H.K.
- Hong, K Lo
- Publication Date: 2004
- Media Type: Print
- Edition: First
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 609-625
- Monograph Title: Handbook of Transport Geography and Spatial Systems
- TRT Terms: Dynamic traffic assignment; Equilibrium (Systems); Land use planning; Logits; Probits; Stochastic processes; Traffic assignment; Traffic congestion; Traffic loads; Transportation planning; User benefits
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 01004005
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0080441084
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 2005 2:35PM