RAIL HAULAGE OF WASTE ROCK AND CRUDE ORE
This presentation of rail haulage practices in open pit mining describes car types, sizes, car construction practices and air braking data, as well as a variety of loading and unloading methods for the several types of cars. The paper includes a review of basic transportation formulas with an eye toward job matching the locomotive with the best fuel economy to a given application.
- For meeting held April 10-12, 1978.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- WARD, R J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Ground transportation; Industrial railroads; Industries; Loading and unloading; Locomotives; Mine haulage; Mines; Open top cars; Operations; Planning; Railroads
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling; Industrial; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 780469 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM