CCAP Transportation Emissions Guidebook
States and localities have influence over a number of decisions that affect transportation emissions such as land use regulation, transportation planning, and infrastructure spending. The purpose of this guidebook is to engage state and local officials in understanding the extent to which policy decisions impact air pollution, energy use, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and to provide basic 'rules of thumb' to calculate emissions reductions from the implementation of specific transportation and land use policies. The guidebook consists of two parts, as follows. Part One: Land Use, Transit and Travel Demand Management - This first section focuses on policies related to travel demand and examines the impacts of land use and investment decisions on transportation emissions. Policies analyzed in part one include transit oriented development, bicycle initiatives, pay-as-you-drive insurance, light rail, comprehensive smart growth policy, etc. Part Two: Vehicle Technology and Fuels - This section will be released in early 2006 and will focus on measures such as feebates, hybrids, biofuels, low-rolling resistance tires, etc. This guidebook is an interactive tool with the following components: policy briefs, guidebook emissions calculator, policy comparison matrix, and background. There are 3 ways to access the guidebook: 1) Work with the guidebook online; 2) Download the offline integrated version (Flash enabled); and 3) Separately download the policy briefs (PDF) and the Guidebook Emissions Calculator (Zipped Excel).
- Record URL:
Center for Clean Air Policy750 First Street, NE, Suite 940
Washington, DC United States 20002
- Publication Date: 2005
- Media Type: Web
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality; Bicycle travel; Biomass fuels; Calculation; Decision making; Energy consumption; Environmental protection; Exhaust gases; Expenditures; Greenhouse gases; Handbooks; Infrastructure; Insurance; Investments; Land use; Light rail transit; Motor fuels; Policy; Pollutants; Public transit; Regulation; Smart growth; Technology; Transit oriented development; Transportation planning; Travel demand management; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Feebates; Interactive reports; Low rolling resistance tires; Pay as you drive
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Policy; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01003457
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 30 2005 3:08PM