GRS OPTICALLY GATED WHEEL THERMO-SCANNER UNIT - OPERATION INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE
The GRS Wheel Thermo-Scanner Unit is a solid-state system for detecting and indicating abnormally hot journal temperatures of railroad cars traveling at speeds ranging from 5 to 85 mph. In the basic bidirectional system, magnetic wheel detectors on both approaches to the scanner location initiate system operation. The track-mounted equipment consists of two mounting assemblies (scanner and blower), four wheel detectors, three arrester boxes, two junction boxes, and connecting cables. The basic bidirectional system also includes a modular equipment cabinet, with plug-in printed circuit boards, which is designed for mounting in a 19-inch rack in a wayside housing. A basic unidirectional system requires two wheel detectors and a direction relay printed circuit board. Transmission lines for output are described.
General Railway Signal Co,
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Equipment design; Hot box detectors; Journal boxes; Safety; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot boxes
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00040240
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAMPHLET 1421
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1976 12:00AM