AAR SPECIFICATIONS FOR CAST WHEELS - M-208-69
This reprint of AAR Specifications M-208-69 together with the consolidation of the individual cast steel wheel designs appearing in the AAR Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices is prepared for railroad personnel with a direct interest in wheels. The manufacturing procedures, chemical analysis, physical properties, mating, finishing, marking and inspection techniques are given. Several designs are shown.
Abex CorporationValley Road
Mahwah, NJ United States 07430
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Diesel locomotives; Freight cars; Hardness; Locomotives; Metal heating; Railroad cars; Specifications; Technology; Vehicle design; Wheel rims; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040238
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM