AAR SPECIFICATIONS FOR CAST WHEELS - M-208-69
This reprint of AAR Specifications M-208-69 together with the consolidation of the individual cast steel wheel designs appearing in the AAR Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices is prepared for railroad personnel with a direct interest in wheels. The manufacturing procedures, chemical analysis, physical properties, mating, finishing, marking and inspection techniques are given. Several designs are shown.
Abex CorporationValley Road
Mahwah, NJ USA 07430
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Diesel locomotives; Freight cars; Hardness; Locomotives; Metal heating; Railroad cars; Specifications; Technology; Vehicle design; Wheel rims; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040238
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM