ALL WEATHER HARBOR NAVIGATION MODEL
A computer simulation model containing harbor features, navigational data, weather information, and ship movement routines was developed. Operation of model makes it possible to simulate the movement of ships in a realistic manner through harbor and other restricted water areas. Information yielded by the model includes collisions, near misses, groundings, and potential groundings for all vessels. A record of time spent in the harbor and the generation of a harbor utilization index for each vessel is also delivered by the model. Harbor status reports are automatically printed at regular intervals. This report contains the model philosophy, description, fortran listing, flow chart, and operating instructions for model usage. (Author)
- Final Report, June 69-Aug 70.
International Engineering CompanyArlington, VA United States
- Vogeler, William K
- Publication Date: 1970-8
- Pagination: 295 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Harbor traffic control; Maneuvering; Ship simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Anticollision systems; Restricted water operation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00015070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-94638-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1973 12:00AM