COMPOSITION BRAKE SHOE FRICTION VS AMBIENT TEMPERATURE
A laboratory test was conducted on the ABEX AAR H-4-type brake shoe, to measure the coeffieient of friction from +80 to -40F. Static and dynamic tests were run. As long as the shoes remained dry, the temperature decrease did not change the friction. A thin coating of ice decreases the friction considerably.
- Letter Correspondence
Abex CorporationValley Road
Mahwah, NJ United States 07430
- Publication Date: 1969-9-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Coefficient of friction; Friction; Ice; Technology; Temperature
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040230
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM