IRON AND STEEL
Iron and steel are the major metallic materials in use in the world today. The materials included in this general classification include rolled steel products, steel forgings, iron and steel castings, and smaller quantities of powder-metallurgical products. Iron and steel are used in virtually every phase of modern life, but the major uses are in transportation, construction, and machinery. This Bureau of Mines report presents comprehensive data for the commodity including industry structure, uses, technology, supply-demand relationships, economic factors and problems, operating and processing factors, environment and pollution control, occupational factors and problems, and outlook to 2000.
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC United States 20241
- Desy, D H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Iron ores; Minerals; Statistics; Steel plants; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM