DISTANCE FOR BRAKE RECOVERY OF WET AND ICED SHOES
Four types of brake shoes were tested with clasp brakes and a standard Cobra Shoe was tested in a single brake. The shoes tested with the clasp brakes were: standard Cobra, special Cobra V-132-B, standard Comet, and standard metal. The results are presented graphically.
Erie Mining Company,
- Publication Date: 1960-2-16
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Braking performance; Field tests; Ice; Moisture content; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Wetness
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040228
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM