A NUMERICAL METHOD FOR DRAWING A TAYLOR PROPELLER BLADE
This two-part Report is concerned with the development of a numerically-controlled method for drawing a Taylor propeller without using geometrical methods, thereby eliminating the inherent errors of Euclidean manual constructions. Part 1 presents approximation formulae for the various propeller parameters and explains the derivation of the theoretical method. Part II gives examples of the input routines established for the three main computer programs together with design diagrams produced by the automatic draughting machine. Order form BSRA as No. 49,012.
Trieste University, ItalyUniversita degli Studi di Trieste, Istituto di Matematica
- Servello, A
- Michelacci, G
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Drafting; Machines; Numerical control; Propeller blades; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Propellers); Drafting machines; Numerical control systems; Propeller design; Propeller geometry
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Publication No. 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM