EVALUATE, TEST AND MANUFACTURE AN IMPROVED WIRE ROPE AND CABLE
The data resulting from post-exposure testing after six-months in seawater are presented showing general and specific corrosion of the various materials tested. Post-exposure and pre-exposure tensile test data are presented for comparison and the only material that exhibited a significant strength loss was solid stainless steel in the 5,000 pound and 10,000 pound mooring tests. (Author)
- Quarterly Progress Report No.6,2 Sept-3l, Dec 66.
Metals and Controls IncorporatedAttleboro, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1966-12
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion tests; Design; Environmental impacts; Mooring; Moorings; Wire rope
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00015068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Contract Numbers: NOBS-92232
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1973 12:00AM