STEEL GARAGES MAKE HEADWAY IN THE UK
This article looks at parking garages in the UK, making note of the shortage of garages at hospitals and airports. While concrete has been the traditional construction material, the demand for speedier construction has emerged. This has resulted in steel being considered as a suitable construction material. Architects are also designing parking garages more as buildings and with enhanced features, thus allowing further inroads for steel. The article also stresses the importance of proper maintenance, since deterioration can easily occur from excessive amounts of water or de-icing salts collecting in the garages.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/37532602
- Page range: pp 16, 18
- Wilford, M
- Publication Date: 2005-6
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Parking garages; Steel structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 01001791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: BTRIS, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 7 2005 12:00AM