A SURVEY OF LNG TECHNOLOGICAL NEEDS IN THE U.S.A.--1974 TO BEYOND 2000
A comprehensive analysis of near and long term research needs has been conducted by the U.S. Gas Industry covering operational areas of Production and Exploration, Synthetic Supply, Transmission, Distribution, Utilization and LNG. Identifiable research needs are reported for the area of LNG encompassing time frames of: 1974-1978 (In detail, year by year); 1979-1985 (In 5 year period); 1986-2000 (As specific as possible); Beyond 2000 (As believed necessary). A year by year examination of LNG research priorities for the first five years are considered vital to overcome the potential suppression of growth in the LNG industry that could result from lack of available technology. Assessments of technical LNG needs beyond 1978 cannot, of course, be too well defined and must be examined annually for purposes of updating. The National Bureau of Standards Cryogenics Division has become the governmental focal point for LNG research. A survey of NBS LNG research and how these relate to the future technological growth of the LNG industry are discussed.
- Presented at LNG-4 (Liquefied Natural Gas, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference, Algiers, Algeria, June 24-27, 1974, Session VII, Paper 1.
Institute of Gas Technology3424 South State Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Sarkes, L A
- Mann, D B
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Custody; Demand; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Fuel storage; Imports; Liquefied natural gas; LNG terminals; Safety; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Custody transfer; Lng demand; Lng forecasts; Lng imports; Lng properties data; Lng safety; Lng storage; Lng trade; Lng transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00182528
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Gas Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-899
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM