MEASUREMENTS OF LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS IN COMMERCE
The Cryogenics Divisions of the NBS Institute for Basic Standards is currently involved in a number of programs dealing with liquefied natural gas (LNG). The objective of these NBS programs is to bring to bear over 20 years of cryogenic experience on certain selected LNG problem areas. A description of the programs is given as well as a summary of progress of this five-year effort. In addition, the objectives of past, present and projected LNG programs at NBS will be related to one specific LNG problem area, custody transfer, and suggestions will be made about maximum utilization of present and expected research results.
- From the American Gas Asssociation Operating Section Proceedings-1973 (Proceedings AGA Transmission Conference, El Paso, Texas, April 16-18, 1973, and AGA Distribution Conference Washington, D.C., May 14-17, 1973.
American Gas Association1515 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA USA 22209
- Mann, D B
- Diller, D E
- Olien, N A
- Hiza, M J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Cryogenic materials; Custody; Flow measurement; Indicating instruments; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquids; Low temperature materials; Tankers; Temperature measurement; Thermodynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Custody transfer; Liquid level indicators; Lng properties data
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00182527
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-795 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM