COMBINATION SHIPS: TYPES AND SOLUTIONS
This paper examines various types of combination ships as solutions to trades where different cargoes need to be carried on similar routes. The paper stresses that a combination ship is the correct choice only where, in comparison, the specialised ship will prove less economic. Various types of combination cargo vessels are described and arrangement drawings of most are presented. Order from BSRA as No. 48,952.
- Presented at the 22nd Nordic Ship Technical Conference (NSTM 77) at Lingby in 1977.
Nordic Ship Technical ConferenceMalmo, Sweden
- Farstad, O
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Combination carriers; Ships
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Ship descriptions (Multipurpose)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM