COMBINATION SHIPS: DESIGN REQUIREMENTS--CLASSIFICATION
The design requirements which a Classification Society imposes for combination carriers in general are a synthesis of the individual requirements for each ship-type involved. By way of illustration, the Authors present the case of a ship which carries alternatively oil with a flash point below 60 degrees C and heavy bulk cargo, and within this category the relative structural strengths of ore/oil, OBO and PROBO ships are examined. General arrangement, electrical equipment, fire protection, ventilation of cargo tanks and pipe systems are also discussed. Finally, special strength requirements for BORO and car-transport/bulk ships are discussed. Order from BSRA as No. 48,953.
- Presented at the 22nd Nordic Ship Technical Conference (NSTM 77) at Lingby in 1977.
Nordic Ship Technical ConferenceMalmo, Sweden
- Larsen, G
- Knudsen, R K
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Combination carriers; Design; Electrical equipment; Fires; Ore bulk oil carriers; Ore carriers; Piping systems; Protection; Ship classification; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Obos; Ship descriptions (Multipurpose)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM