SHIP MOTIONS IN A CONFUSED SEA
In a paper presented in September 1968 at the 7th Symposium of Naval Hydrodynamics an account was given of research using the strip theory method for determination of ship behaviour in confused seas. This Report presents in graphical and tabular form, the results of calculations of the dynamic characteristics of four Series-60 hull form variants. The calculation of response operators has been carried out for Froude numbers of 0.00 and 0.10 at three weight distributions, i.e. even holds full, odd holds full and homogeneous loading. The expressed aim of the report is not so much the interpretation of these results but to emphasise their practical application to problems of ship motions at sea, e.g. slamming, deck wetness, lashing, etc. Order from BSRA as No. 49,011.
Registro Italiano Navale20 Via Vente Settembre
- Gennaro, A
- Publication Date: 1970-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Decks (Ships); Hulls; Loads; Ship motion; Slamming
- Old TRIS Terms: Deck wetness; Hull response; Ship response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Bull No. 35
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM