APPLICATION OF GRAPHICAL INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS IN DRAWINGS AND PRODUCTION
The initial decision to introduce numerical methods in Aalborg Varft's production line was taken in 1974. It was decided to install the Kongsberg/Applicon interactive graphical drawing system equipped with the following hardware: Central computer PDP 11/35 with 32 K core; Disc drive with 12 MIL words or about 100 E-size drawings; magtape unit; Kongsberg 1200 X 1600 drawing machine; and Applicon terminal with 19" cathode screen, drawing tablet been ordered. The software consists of: DOS/BATCH and copies. The system is capable of supporting up to five terminals. To extend this capacity, a second terminal has been ordered. The software consists of: DOS/BATCH and Applicon AGS 800 systems together with special input/output routines and user commands, the operational procedure for which is described in this paper. Order from BSRA as No. 49,033.
- Presented at Fourth Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symposium, Newcastle upon Tyne, May 8-11, 1978.
Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symp (4th)Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Jorgensen, A H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Productivity; Shipbuilding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 15 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM